Within Thurrock there is a service set up specifically to help support people that provide unpaid care to relatives, friends or neighbours.
The Thurrock Carers Service provides information, advice, practical and emotional support for anyone who is caring for another person; whether you are caring for someone temporarily, or have been caring for a loved one for several years or more.
The service can help with:
- Carers / Social care Assessments
- Respite / Outreach
- Medical resource information
- Education / Training
- Employment / Volunteering Support
- Carers peer support groups
- Information on direct payments
- Carers benefits and welfare forms
- Lasting power of attorney
- Access to social activities
For more information on the service, download the leaflet below